I confess that I do not have anything particularly insightful to offer on any one subject today, so instead I will share some random highlights of my week, guided by the photos on my phone. 🙂
1. On Tuesday Andrew walked in the door after work with a beautiful bouquet of tulips and said, “Happy Tuesday! I thought you’d like these… they are fall colored!” (Yes, they are fall colored; never mind the fact that tulips are the quintessential spring bloom. ;-)) I love that guy.
2. I cheered on one of the high school girls in my youth group (Gena, with whom I ran this 5K) in her cross country meet on Wednesday. She goes to my former high school, where I used to run cross country, so going to this meet brought back a lot of memories–I even got to catch up with my old coach! Despite the course being notoriously grueling and hilly (not all the memories were good…) Gena ran strong until the very end! Go, girl!
3. Garden labels: I made them. Using popsicle sticks, outdoor craft paint, and a hot glue gun, I created these guys this week:
4. My mom and her friend Bill are at the beach this week in the Outer Banks, and she sent this picture to my siblings and me:
One summer many years ago, while we were making drip castles on the beach, a local artist approached my mom and asked if she could take our picture. She paints everyday beach scenes, and sells the prints in a lot of beach shops. We always look for ourselves when we see this artist’s work, and my mom found us this week! We are a little bit famous.
5. I’m working on building up my running mileage, and yesterday I ran 7.25 miles! I know it isn’t a long long run, but I am pleased with myself nonetheless. My first mile was a slow 9:43, and I gradually increased speed, running the last mile in 8:44. I’ll take it.
That’s all the randomness I have for today 🙂
Tell me something random about your week.