Friends, Andrew and I are off to Jamaica! We are staying at an all-inclusive, couples-only resort, and I could not be more excited.
A few days ago I Googled, “Staying healthy at an all-inclusive resort,” because let’s be honest: all you can eat and drink for an entire week can be dangerous. I present you the following from our honeymoon at a similar resort in the Bahamas:
1. The pina colada because I’d only had one that day
2. The “welcome to dinner on the private island!” glass of champagne
3. The white wine because the waitress offered
4. The water because, well, I like to drink water with my meals.
Notice that Andrew has a similar lineup across the table. We’re not proud.
All you can eat. Chocolate pastries on the right, I’m looking at you.
When I Googled, “Staying healthy at an all-inclusive resort,” all the responses I found fell in two categories:
1. Be a crazy person and have a miserable vacation.
2. Do what you do naturally.
And because Andrew and I are most certainly not crazy people, here’s our stay-healthy game plan for the week (spoiler alert: it looks very similar to how we live normally) :
1. Stay active. The resort offers kayaking, snorkeling (we bought our own gear on our honeymoon!), beach volleyball, windsurfing, swimming, and more. We love outdoorsy stuff, and we are planning to live it up.
2. Listen to our bodies. Eat when we’re hungry, stop when we’re full (Admittedly, we did not do a great job of this on the honeymoon…) If it doesn’t taste good, don’t eat it just because it’s there. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies because we feel our best when we do.
3. Enjoy. It’s vacation, and we fully intend to enjoy those strawberry daiquiris, pina coladas, and chocolate pastries. 😀
While we’re gone, I have some awesome guest posts lined up from a couple of people who are very near and dear to my heart. 😀
Have a great week, and I’ll “see” you next Saturday!
Jamaica sounds wonderful! Have fun 🙂
HAVE A BLAST!! Your game plan for staying healthy is PERFECT!
GAHHH HAVE FUN!!!!!!
HAVE A BLAST!!!!!!!!! 🙂 Can’t wait to hear about it!
Pingback: Jamaica Part 1: Food and Relaxation | A Two Storey Home